Private Shell is an SSH client program that runs on your personal computer and is used to login to
a remote computer system using an ssh protocol.
Private Shell provides significantly enhanced
security for your login session including SecureFTP (SFTP) client for easy and secure file upload
Private Shell is a powerful and convenient tool for both novice and expert users.
You can use either GUI or a command line interface. The latter makes it easy to establish an ssh
connection by a third-party application such as CVS. The tunneling feature allows
establishing a secure data transfer between applications that do not support a secure communication,
so you can secure mail transfer, database access, and more.
Private Shell has enhanced capabilities for authorization keys management, such as key generation,
key upload, import/export for keys created by other applications.
To provide interaction with other software Private Shell includes the key agent software.
- You can find some Private Shell screenshots
- SSH Client (SSH1, SSH2)
- SFTP Client (Secure FTP, Explorer-like interface)
- Autoconfiguration: setup secure connections easily
- ssh.exe and scp.exe (Secure CoPy) command line tools
- Authentication methods: password, public key
- "Upload public key" feature
- SSH tunneling / port forwarding (bi-directional) support
- X11 tunneling
- Key Agent software included
- Profiles support
- GUI and command line versions
- Customizable colors and layout of terminal window
- Custom keyboard mapping
- Private/public key import(export) from(to) OpenSSH, SSH.com, PuTTY, SSH version 1 formats
- Remote server's codepage support (including UTF-8)
- Support for silent installation
- Session logging
- NAWS, to allow remote applications realtime resize
- Minimize to tray capability
- Support for files over 4GB
- Host key algorithms: DSA, RSA
- Ciphers: AES, Twofish, 3DES, Blowfish, Arcfour, CAST-128
- MACs (Message Authentication Codes): SHA1, MD5
- Emulated terminals: VT100, VT102, VT200, VT220, VT320, VT420 and XTerm
- SSH Keepalives